Monday, February 4, 2013

Re-growing veggies!

So we went grocery shopping yesterday! Yay for food!

While it's great to have bread and milk and eggs, I am super excited for the lettuce and celery we bought!

Yes, I like lettuce and celery, but I'm not a fanatic. I'm excited because I found a tutorial on the internet for regrowing your lettuce and celery. So cool!

Basically, you chop off the end of the stalk -- the end you don't really eat anyway and ends up in the trash or compost -- and stick it in a shallow dish with water. Then add sunlight and wait!

So we cut off the ends and put them in small tupperwares. They live on our kitchen table half the day, but we put them in the windowsill before we leave for school each day.

Eventually they will need to be in soil, but not until they are larger.

Fingers crossed for great results!

No comments:

Post a Comment