Wednesday, February 6, 2013

HW 3 update #2!

So boiling water and adding baking soda sucks. I have now started just placing a scoop of baking soda on the back of the toilet. When I am in the shower, I just grab it and dump a little in my hand. The powder mixes with the water in my hand (perfect temperature, not too hot, not too cold!) and becomes a thick paste.

This works so much better for me! I couldn't find a spray bottle so thicker was the way to go. This is simple, easy, very little prep! The paste is a little gritty, but I like the way it feels -- it exfoliates a little and I know it's working into my hair. I leave it in my hair for about a minute, then rinse it very well. Yay!

I don't think I've hit the magic point yet, but I'm definitely not ready to go back to regular shampoo. I think that has a lot to do with the length of my hair. If it feels weird, I barely notice because I don't ever have to mess with it. When my hair was longer, it used to be in my hair all the time and I would be bothered if it was the least bit greasy or weird.

Shampooing with baking soda is so convenient. Imagine traveling without having to bring shampoo! It isn't a liquid so it can go on planes in larger quantities, you can bring it camping and just add water when you need it! It makes so much sense to just add water to the powder when you need it. Why have we been buying, bottling, storing, carrying huge bottles of liquid around for so long?? Powders are much better.

I haven't tried the vinegar conditioner yet. I have some white vinegar, but I figured that has to be diluted and would be best if I hade a spray bottle. I will bring one back over after spring break and try it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment